The GreyNet is an online forum for members of GreySheeters Anonymous. It is designed to function like a 24 hours a day / 7 days a week meeting. Anything that is appropriate to share in a GSA meeting is appropriate to share on the GreyNet. For "the meeting before the meeting" and "the meeting after the meeting," head over to Facebook or WhatsApp or other social media.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives (going back to 1999) are visible to subscribers only.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
How to Join
Guidelines for Participation in GreyNet
GreyNet supports a vigorous and positive attitude towards GreySheet abstinence. We share our personal Experience, Strength, and Hope (ESH) on our GreySheet abstinence.
How We Share on GreyNet
- Qualify by telling what it was like, what happened, and what it's like now with regard to our food addiction and our GreySheet abstinence.
- Share our ESH on a topic raised by another post.
- Refer to AA or GreySheet literature.
- Make GreySheet-related announcements about meetings, events, etc.
- Ask GreySheet-related questions, such as how to stay abstinent when traveling, etc.
- Ask for support, such as phone numbers, available sponsors, resources, etc.
What We Avoid on GreyNet
- Mentioning specific foods by name.
- Asking questions about the definition of abstinence (discuss with sponsor only).
- Cross talk which we define as speaking directly to a specific person either by name or an obvious direct reference to their GreyNet post.
- Naming other members unless we want to congratulate them on their GreySheet anniversaries, thank them for a specific service to the GreySheet community, ask for their contact information, provide their email as a contact person for a GS event, or they specifically give us permission and we explicitly state this in our message.
We Will Be Removed from GreyNet for
- Attacking other people (Even if we do this privately).
- Attacking the GreySheet food plan or program.
- Attacking or harassing the GreyNet Moderator.
When in doubt, or if we have any questions about these guidelines, we email the moderator before we post: GreyNetfirstname.lastname@example.org