The GSAWS Board job description will be used by the nomination committee to assist the wider community in proposing members to the board and assist in the orientation of new members to the work of the Board.
- Five years or more of back-to-back GreySheet abstinence for officers and three years or more of back-to-back GreySheet abstinence for members in GSA
- Experience in service in GSA and other 12 Step Programs
- Experience in serving on Boards and Committees for 12 Step, civic or professional groups preferred.
- Experience of Robert’s Rules of Order
- Attend monthly GSAWS' Board meetings.
- Attend wider community meetings representing the GSA World Services Board.
- Willingness to serve as an officer of the GSAWS Board if needed
- Liaison to one or more Intergroups. This role may require assisting in the development of regional Intergroups and attendance at their meetings.
- Review of internet correspondence between Board meetings and responding as appropriate.