Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to GreySheeters Anonymous World Services, Inc.’s website. This website is owned and operated by GreySheeters Anonymous World Services, Inc. (GSAWS), a fellowship of people who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others recover from compulsive eating. The purpose of the website is to serve members of the GreySheeters Anonymous (GSA) fellowship, to provide accurate information about GSA, and to encourage participation of GSA members in various activities and services of GSA.
Our Intellectual Property Rights
GSAWS owns or is licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure (the software) relating to it. If you breach any of these terms your permission to use this website and any materials or content included in it, automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloads or printed extracts from this website.
Access to and Use of This Website
- In accessing any part of this website, you agree:
- Not to use this website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of this website by other users;
- Not to upload, display or transmit any materials through this website which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- Not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of this website or attempt to transmit to or via this website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- Not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on this website and entered by or relating to any third party user of this website.
Users Who Post and Submit Material
Users shall submit material for the website through the Website Liaison. The Website Liaison approves all requests prior to those materials being published on the website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to
- Add an event
- Add World Service Conference material
- Add resources such as recordings, brochures, etc.
- Add literature
- Add a monthly Treasurer’s report
- Ask a question about anything on the site
The webservant posts the monthly Service Matters newsletter blog. The webservant works with the web professional for technical repairs such as broken links, pages not displaying correctly, etc. or minor editing on the listed sections.
To be added to the GSA Phone List, follow the instructions on our Phone List page.
To be added to the Area Contact list, follow the instructions on our Area Contact List page.
All events, recordings, meetings, literature, links to social media, and links to websites must go through a review process for approval prior to publication on the website.
Users of Intellectual Property on The Website
All content on the website is the intellectual property of GSAWS. Anyone wishing to use material from the website shall obtain permission by contacting the Board of Trustees with the exceptions noted below.
Outside entities include any individual who is not a member of GSA or any entity not registered or chartered by GSA. Use by outside entities of intellectual property on this website, including but not limited to, the name GreySheeters Anonymous, the abbreviation GSA, the GSA or CAL logos, sample meeting formats, downloadable publications, and web page content is prohibited. Use of the GSAWS and CAL logos and other copyrighted materials could lead to diluting the message and primary purpose of GSA. Therefore, GSAWS does not grant outside entities the right to use copyrighted intellectual property.
Various GSA Entities
Groups, intergroups, and committees that are officially registered with or chartered by GSAWS are given permission to use the GSAWS logo as well as other copyrighted materials found on this website in conducting meetings, communicating with GreySheeters, and for use in other ways in service of our primary purpose. Committees organizing official GSA events, that is those sponsored by registered groups and chartered intergroups, may produce items such as bookmarks, tee shirts or coffee cups using the GSA logo or GSA slogans without prior written authorization.
Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. has granted GSAWS permission to adopt and adapt certain copyrighted A.A. literature which is in written material found on this website. Groups, intergroups, and committees shall ensure that any materials taken from the website be used according to A.A.’s requirements and that the entity use Greysheeters Anonymous World Service Conference approved terminology.
Public Information materials such as the sample meeting flyer, templates for wallet cards, and pamphlets found on the website for use by committees, meetings, groups, and intergroups to carry the message may be reprinted without written permission of GSAWS.
Procedure for Obtaining Permission to Use Copyrighted Trademarks and Logos
Occasionally, events are sponsored by individual members of the fellowship and not by a registered group or chartered intergroup. Organizers shall request permission from the Board of Trustees via email@example.com. The written request shall include:
- The name(s) contact information including mailing address, email address, and phone number, (and abstinence date, if GSA member) of the requesting individual.
- The name of the copyrighted material being requested.
- The explanation for making the request and the plan for use of the copyrighted material, including reason needed and date needed.
Requesting Permission to Translate
A GreySheet member who wants to translate GSA intellectual property, i.e., any content of this website, shall request permission from the Literature Committee by submitting a written request following the approved process.